Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today is the 3rd anniversary of John's and my first date. (I know that's wrong grammatically but I'm not sure how to correct it). We went out on a nice dinner last night since he won't be able to go out tonight. It was fun, we went to one of our favorite restaurants, Chez Oskar. The only downside was that his veal was too salty and a lot of my mussels were missing their meat! But it was okay, they comped his veal and gave us a free dessert.

I was just reading about Nikola Tesla, this bizarre physicist from the late 19th century/early 20th century. I couldn't remember what a Tesla Coil was, so I Wiki'ed it... And now I'm fascinated by this guy. He was a crazy genius. I never took Physics in high school or college, but I understand the basic concepts, and I find it really fascinating when I read about it.

Hmm... Another possible idea of what to study if/when I go back to school. John told me about this college in London called Huron University that takes lots of transfer students that he went to for a semester in high school. It might be a fun opportunity to visit London and try to go back to college. MAYBE.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Christian Bale did a film about Tesla not long ago???