Saturday, August 9, 2008

Leaving... on a jet plane

Well, more like in a moving truck tomorrow, only going about 8 miles away, and staying in Brooklyn... But I am ALL packed. Thank goodness. I hate packing. My hands are all achy and it hurts to knit! Woes is me!

I've been in this apartment for just under a year now. It's mostly been good. My roommate is a sweet girl, I want to stay friends with her. The neighborhood is nice, even though it's far from everything else in the city, it has all the amenities and then some. The view of the Verrazano Bridge is nice. I should have walked down to the overpass more often and sat by the river. I only did that ONCE. And it's been great to be right around the corner from the subway. I don't even have to cross the street to get there!

What I will be THRILLED to get away from? The roaches are number ONE. The uneven, warped floors. The terrible ventilation (there's no such thing as a cross-breeze in this apartment). The lack of a living room or any real place to sit and eat (99% of my meals have been eaten while sitting in bed). The unfriendly, sometimes creepy neighbors. The shower that doesn't drain properly.

And you know what? John's place in Bed-Stuy has NONE of those problems. It is far from the subway, and there's hardly any place to eat near him except the cafe around the corner (which closes at 5pm)... But it won't be so bad. And it's only temporary while we look for a new place. I'm hoping we can find some place nice in Astoria or in that area.

1 comment:

Brooklyn Sheep said...

Hey! Don't you worry, I'm only a couple blocks away. we could even have lunch!

We are so sorry to see you leave!
On the up side, Check out the brooklyn group, I think there is a bed-stuy knitting group.